Past Event - 23rd June 2021
Are you ready for the Dutch Pension Reform?
The forthcoming pension reforms present a big change to Dutch pensions – and almost all pension plans are affected. While the new pension legislation takes effect from 1 January 2023, there is much for employers to do to prepare.
Our panel of experts from MBWL, Eversheds Sutherland and Ortec Finance will share an overview of the different aspects of the changes, key considerations for employers, and tips to navigate the risks and opportunities. They will highlight the steps employers should be taking during 2021 and 2022, and provide insight into those areas where further detail is expected when the final regulations are published in early 2022.
Join us to hear how pension plans in the Netherlands will be changing in the coming years and the practical steps you can take now to prepare for the new requirements.
In this practical session, our experts will cover:
- Overview of the reform, the new pensions regime and transition timing
- Key considerations for employers – for new and existing plans
- Converting existing DB benefits to DC
- Steps employers should be taking over the next 18 months
- Relaxations in current requirements pre-2023
- Isabel Coles (Chair) – Head of International Consulting, MBWL International
- Rajish Sagoenie – Principal, Milliman
- Martin Wouda – Consulting Actuary, Milliman
- Eric Bergamin – Partner – ES Advisory, Eversheds Sutherland
- Martijn Vos – Chief Operating Officer, Ortec Finance