Past Event - 5th April 2022
Pension de-risking in the Netherlands – trends and opportunities
Increasing interest rates and major pension reform bring new opportunities in derisking Dutch pension funds: a study of the Dutch market from three different angles.
Milliman and MBWL International in partnership with Eversheds Sutherland will be hosting a webinar that will be delivered in English and will be relevant for pension funds in the Netherlands, Dutch and global corporates and (re)insurance companies.
Two important developments have changed the financial landscape and will trigger Dutch pension funds to consider derisking: (1) increasing interest rates and inflation; and (2) the upcoming, drastic reform of the Dutch pension system and the financial framework, which will require new and innovative solutions.
During the webinar, we will discuss:
- an overview of the pension fund market
- a case study and the relevance of de-risking from the perspective of a Dutch pension fund
- three different points of view regarding strategy and the relevance of derisking in the current financial environment
- different solutions from experienced countries (US, UK and NL) and observations from an actuarial/financial and legal perspective through the various jurisdictions
- why should corporates consider supporting derisking of their funds?