Mergers & Acquisitions
MBWL’s seasoned, senior experts help clients around the world identify and address global pension and benefits risks through all transaction stages, from due diligence and negotiations to day-one readiness and post-completion integration.
Our consultants will support you through all stages of the M&A process, whether you are buying or selling a business. We can tailor our support to complement our clients’ in-house M&A teams, and we have the global coverage to ensure you get prompt access to local expertise, all with consistent delivery and a single point of accountability.
Our global M&A services include:
- Target evaluation
- Review available information for benefit and reward strategies to identify potential risks and issues, and local labour law requirements
- Due diligence
- Identify liabilities and accounting implications, current and legacy programs, gaps and local market trends, and any individual contract issues
- Input to the Sale & Purchase Agreement
- Do by close
- Advise on integration strategy, challenges, risks and mitigation plans
- Structure interim arrangements, set up necessary benefit plans and retention programs
- Implement new or combined plans
- Manage transition (potentially including asset or liability transfers)
- Monitor interim arrangements
Throughout the process we can further support you in negotiations, communication with employees, works councils/unions and other stakeholders and project management.